Product Director - Mobile Game [Remote]
About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds builds deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. We live by our values, which you can read here.
Our first game, Highrise, is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves and make friends. Over 5 million users create avatars, chat and make new friendships in Highrise.
About the Role
Are you passionate about building amazing games? Do you want to manage the development of socal-first games that are loved by millions of people? Join our fast-growing team at Pocket Worlds! We are looking for an experienced Senior Producer who will manage the creative direction and development of our next mobile project.
This is a hugely important role that interfaces with different teams in the company: Product, Engineering, Art, Support and Live-Ops. Managing the creative direction and production of the project from scratch, the Senior Producer will provide clear guidelines and key success factors at all stages of development.
We prioritize experimentation and iteration. You will work in small sprints to validate hypotheses. The game will be a living, breathing project that will evolve and change as we learn new things through prototyping and iterating.
This role, along with our entire company, is remote.
This role will give you the opportunity to…
- Design and execute the game development roadmap for a new MMO product
- Oversee project progress for all sprints, milestones and releases
- Ensure coordination within different members of the team
- Provide clear communication on the progress of the project (current and upcoming milestone)
- Take ownership of the new game and ensure that game and project requirements are clear
- Identify, communicate, and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing deadlines
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…
- Have 4+ years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- Have experience in shipping at least one successful project, ideally a mobile game
- Have a strong creative mind with a deep understanding of game design
- Be able to work in an Agile development environment from day one
- Be extremely flexible, as you will be iterating on a weekly basis
- Have excellent task-tracking organizational skills with a proactive mindset
- Have the ability to analyze problems and provide guidance on different areas: art, game design, organization, business
- Communicate honestly and effectively with people across the entire company
- Be able to work well remotely, including managing your schedule effectively
- Have a deep passion for games
- Major bonus points if you have designed female-centric games
- Major bonus points if you worked on deeply social/multiplayer games that include cooperation
- Major bonus points if you worked on MMOs
Within 3 months you'll…
- Have interviewed leaders in our organization in order to develop an understanding of our philosophy, culture and how we work
- Have suggested 5+ concepts for social-first game concepts
- Have prototyped and iterated on a concept for several week in a team of ~3 people
- Have worked with our UA team to define an art style that works for your game
- Work closely with the management team and other game directors in high-trust feedback sessions we call “Brain Trust” sessions (hat-tip to Pixar)
Within 6 months you'll…
- Have validated a game direction through internal playtesting, and possibly external testing
- Start recruiting additional people to your team as the game starts to take more clear shape
- Define more clear art style and start producing art for the game
As a full-time employee at Pocket Worlds you will:
- Work on flexible schedules from anywhere in the world (e.g we currently have employees in Canada, Croatia, USA, Argentina, Russia, China, UK, Poland, Bosnia, France, Mexico, or the Czech Republic)
- Have unlimited paid time off
- Pick your own equipment. We can set you up with your selected computer and all you need for your home office
- Have an educational budget
- Participate in company annual retreats
- And last but not least, you will be part of a team that brings their hearts and minds to work every day