Senior Gameplay Engineer
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you'll work closely with designers, artists, and product managers in cross-functional teams to develop gameplay features. This role is a part of our Empire Track, which develops strategy-based games, including fantasy and world-building.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with designers to bring new and improved game features from ideas to reality
- Contribute your individual knowledge and independent research to produce solutions with the right game-feel
- Design and implement game features and rework current functionality producing high-performing reusable code
What You Bring To Engineering Team
- 5+ years of engineering experience on a game title
- 2+ years of third party game engine industry experience on a game title, with Unity strongly preferred
- Fluent in at least one C; quick at adapting and picking up new environments and languages
- Strong communication skills toward all team functions — designers, artists, and other engineers
- Strong sense of ownership in start-to-finish delivery of game features
- Passion for games and deep understanding of game mechanics
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For
- Prior mobile development experience
- Worked on major game titles
- Experience optimizing or rewriting major systems
- Artistic expertise or interests (especially in UI/UX and 3D)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.