People Operations Generalist (Temp)
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
Pocket Gems People Operations team focuses on creating an inspiring place to work while maintaining an atmosphere of creativity, fun and productivity. As the People Ops Generalist, you will be responsible for payroll and supporting benefits programs and delivering seamless employee service. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, and takes pride in providing a high-touch, responsive experience for our employees.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- We provided key guidance as PG adjusted from an office-based to remote work environment during shelter in place, to ensure employees as seamless a transition as possible. A recent engagement survey showed Gemmers were extremely positive on PGs response to the pandemic.
- We rolled out a continuous feedback process via Lattice to further enable developing a strong culture of feedback.
- We partnered on meaningful reactions to the recent incidents of, and protests around, racial injustice in the U.S. - including a company-wide meeting to share personal reactions and declare company actions (such as highlighting Black creators voices), and setting up and running the first charitable match in PG history.
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Continue our high touch support of employees - we strive to be a “go to” team that employees can come to for any reason, and we will help guide them. We want you to help us to thrive in this effort!
- Some project opportunities include: Working towards a true continuous feedback cycle (goodbye to annual reviews!); Helping create policies and processes to support engaging remotely in the short and long-term; and supporting the increased diversity and inclusion efforts we’re tackling company-wide.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for employee questions and requests. Resolve issues in a timely and positive manner that is consistent with company policy, legal regulations, and PG culture
- Administer employee healthcare benefit programs (i.e. medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans) and ensure full compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory, reporting, and filing requirements
- Own payroll processing, including semi-monthly processing for salaried and hourly employees, maintaining accurate employee records in the ADP Workforce Now payroll module, and managing payroll tax filings across multiple states
- Administer the 401K plan, from day to day administration of participant changes to documentation and preparation of year-end close-out
- Facilitate stock option grant and exercise paperwork process
- Administer workers compensation, including resolving claims with insurance carriers
- Collaborate with teammates to document and improve People Ops processes and workflows
What You Bring to the People Ops Team:
- BA/BS degree is required
- 1+ years of People Operations/HR experience. Preferably in the tech industry.
- Minimum 1 year of benefits administration experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 1 year owning Onboarding/Offboarding processes
- Exposure to and basic understanding of payroll processing
- Exposure to and basic understanding of local, state, and federal requirements applicable to payroll and benefits
- Experience maintaining an HRIS tool, preferably ADP Workforce Now
- Strong attention to detail and consistent accuracy with your work
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment, taking initiative, executing on projects independently and being resourceful
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity with Google office suite
Extra Gems for:
- 1+ year(s) Immigration experience
- 1+ year(s) payroll administration experience in ADP workforce now
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.