The fastest-growing high school sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
As a Staff Account you will:
- Actively manage day-to-day accounting activities.
- Work with different areas of the business to ensure all transactions are accounted for in the correct period.
- Manage all key accounting aspects of the quote-to-cash process, including automated and manual billing, collections, deposits, AR reconciliations, etc.
- Compile data for requests relating to: annual audits and international reporting, recurring corporate tax requests, and other ad hoc requests.
- Coordinate AP and expense reimbursement with the business and key vendors. Manage vendor relationships, as needed.
- Actively involved in the financial close process and various management reports.
- Prepare US and International Entity journal entries.
- Assist in creating and maintaining accounting policies & procedures.
- Provide additional controls and segregation of duties necessary for 2021 audit.
- Help manage various accounting and finance tools and software platforms, including potential implementation of systems.
- Accomplish accounting and organization goals by completing related actions as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think critically, meet deadlines and learn quickly in a high-volume environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well independently with minor supervision.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to clearly convey recommendations and conclusions to senior leadership.
- Resourceful and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Must possess superior leadership qualities and be highly collaborative
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience, preferably in a technology and/or startup environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP and standard accounting operating procedures within corporate environments.
- Advanced knowledge in accounting software. Quickbooks experience strongly preferred. Netsuite a plus.
- Previous “Big 4” accounting experience is a plus