(Closed) Software Engineer, Frontend
PlayVS is building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports. We work with game publishers and high school governing bodies to build and operate sanctioned leagues across the country. Our software products tie everything together, creating the world’s first full-stack sports platform. PlayVS is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and rapidly expanding.
As an engineer, you’ll be expected to do the normal tech startup stuff, including:
- Writing clean, easily-maintainable code. We’re extremely proud of our lack of technical debt and want to keep it that way.
- Debugging and documentation. Nobody likes stuff breaking on game day.
- Have a natural knack for user experience and pixel-perfect design. You should know CSS like it’s the back of your hand, and be extremely comfortable building modern responsive web apps.
- Being flexible about your day-to-day tasks. We do everything from tweaking marketing pages to building the real-time match-play systems and data pipelines. You will wear many hats here.
- Improving our internal tooling and engineering process by contributing your knowledge and unique background.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Interest in gaming or esports
- Expert developing interfaces using ReactJS and Redux
- Top-notch CSS skills
- Comfortable working with WebSockets
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
At PlayVS, we put a heavy emphasis on inclusiveness, diversity, and most importantly, player experience. Our team is small, scrappy, and incredibly talented. The challenges we solve on a daily basis are exciting and relevant. If you are driven by seeing the immediate impact that your code brings, you’ll fit right in here.