Senior Software Engineer, Backend
The fastest-growing High School and Collegiate sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School and Collegiate esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
We are looking for a passionate backend Software Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for helping us build new, and maintain existing, APIs and services.
Here's What You'll Get To Do
- Work with a small team comprised of engineers, a product manager, and designer to build our product.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to develop new features, GraphQL APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Troubleshoot production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products.
- Write, audit, and improve our test coverage
Here's What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Thorough understanding of node.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience building and delivering successful products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into product features with minimal guidance
- Passionate about PlayVS and the problem we are solving
- Committed desire to understand our customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a growth mindset: Live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly prioritize for impact