(Closed) Senior Product Designer
The fastest-growing high school sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
We're looking for an extraordinary Product Designer to join our team. Product Designers at PlayVS focus relentlessly on the user to design beautiful, intuitive, and genre-defining product experiences. It's a hands-on, highly collaborative, and detail-oriented job. You'll partner cross-funtionally with Product and Engineering teams to develop an end-to-end user journey for a product and advocate for the user at every step. You'll define, develop, test, and iterate.
Here's what you'll get to do
- Partner with Product and Engineering to shape the vision and strategy for a feature development team.
- Oversee the user experience of a product throughout its entire development lifecycle. You'll launch new features, measure their impact, learn, and then iterate.
- Marry robust user flows and interaction design (UX) with pixel perfect visual design (UI).
- Lead design sprints, scenario workshops, and other design thinking activities to guide a cross-functional team towards creative solutions to complex problems.
- Interview users and build relationships with customers to develop your own first hand knowledge and perspective of a product.
- Partner with other Product Designers to build, scale, and maintain a design system across multiple product experiences.
- Foster a culture that values design by advocating for design thinking and deep cross-functional collaboration at every level of the organization.
Here's what we're looking for
- 4+ years of product design experience with consumer-facing software products across web, mobile, and other platforms.
- A proven track record with a diverse portfolio of complex product experiences you've taken from conception to completion.
- A great eye for detail and visual design that brings a brand to life. Your product solutions are clean, focused, and understandable.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes.
- Experience with current prototyping tools and user testing methods for rapid feedback.
- Ability to connect short term plans with a long term vision. You can break a larger product vision out into smaller, iterative milestones that build on one another.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Able to present to large groups and executives.
- A passion for gaming, its community, and its customers.