Senior Lead, Strategic Finance
The fastest-growing High School and Collegiate sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School and Collegiate esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
As a Senior Lead, Strategic Finance you will:
- Own the Annual Budget and Monthly/Quarterly Cross Department Forecast process and output
- Create and own robust iterative and flexible Long Range Plan models, including scenario planning, new and existing revenue models, etc. using existing and forward-looking financial and operational data.
- Create and manage complex and ad-hoc modeling for deal analysis, business models, incentives/promotions (publishers, sponsors, resellers, incentives, vendors, etc.), etc.
- Define, gather data, and report on CAC, LTV, and other key financial and operating metrics. Work with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to use key insights to drive iterative improvements across the organization.
- Provide headcount and capital resource planning and decision-making support, along with corresponding impacts on OKRs, P&L, and Cash Flow
- Alongside Accounting, provide key Month End Close support and detailed reporting, including detailed variance analysis, financial metrics and analysis, and creation/management of financial dashboards for department leads, exec management, and investors.
- Work with Accounting and Revenue team to scope, implement, and manage key systems.
- Communicate with team members and cross functional partners and drive key results across product, operations, sales, etc.
- Support the leadership and executives with regular financial reporting, metrics and analysis, planning & forecasting, as well as ad-hoc projects.
- Help manage State/NFHS, publisher, and other external partner reporting
- Improve financial insights by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, creating key dashboards, and recommending actions to management.
- Provide corporate development support, as needed
Here is what we are looking for:
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think critically, meet deadlines and learn quickly in a high-volume environment
- Must be a highly strategic self-starter with the ability to work well independently with minor supervision.
- Ability to analyze systems and processes, challenge the status quo, and create/implement impactful changes.
- Ability to analyze financial data, create deep analytical models, and prepare financial reports and projections.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to clearly convey recommendations and conclusions to senior leadership.
- Resourceful and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Must possess superior leadership qualities and be highly collaborative
- A Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field preferred
- MBA a plus
- 6+ years of progressive experience in consulting, investment banking, financial analysis or related field
- Proficient with (or ability to quickly learn) Google Suite, Slack, Teampay.
- SQL or other database querying skills a strong plus
- Fluency with MS Office, with especially strong financial modeling skills in Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks and/or Netsuite a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail