Sales Development Representative
PlayVS is hiring! The fastest-growing High School and Collegiate sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School and Collegiate esports. PlayVS is early in its journey to redefine the future of scholastic esports and we offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you’ll be an integral part of the Regional Operations team by driving leads to the top of our sales funnel. You’ll navigate schools and districts to identify key decision-makers, qualify prospects, and generate consultation meetings for our Market Managers. You'll use a value-based sales process and handle preliminary objections to help drive market share growth.
What you will be doing:
- Build a pipeline of leads by uncovering, developing, and qualifying new sales opportunities through strategic research and outreach.
- Work directly with Market Managers to drive top of the funnel through personalized emails and phone calls to multiple stakeholders.
- Conduct effective discovery and qualification conversations with prospects through your deep understanding of our value proposition and use cases.
What we are looking for:
- Experience navigating complex buying processes to get in front of decision-makers
- Experience setting appointments through both cold and warm outreach that hold and convert
- Experience managing multiple campaigns and leveraging data to make conversion improvements
- You are competitive and driven to achieve goals with a track record of overachievement
- You are articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- You bring constant hustle and roll-up-the-sleeves can-do attitude to every project you take on
- You have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient,
- Ability to navigate and thrive in an ambiguous environment
- 1-3 years of over the phone sales or appointment setting experience
- Experience in the edtech or esports industries is a plus
- Proven track record of success in business development, target attainment, and/or transferable skill-set with a strong motivation to build a career in sales
- Coachable, goal-oriented, organized, adaptable, resilient, hardworking, and eager to succeed
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships and drive results across roles and team members
- Preferably you have an undergraduate degree