(Closed) Regional Manager
PlayVS is hiring! PlayVS is building a platform to service the broad ecosystem of amateur esports, starting with high school and we’re expanding — quickly. With our current and anticipated growth, we’re searching for a passionate Regional General Manager to join our team. You’ll be involved in every aspect of local operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
You are driven. You are endlessly curious. You are passionate about finding creative solutions to challenges.
This role will tackle key business priorities that amplify the growth of our business and facilitate operational excellence. Using strong operational and analytical experience from past environments, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 20,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What You'll Do
- Deliver world class operations within your cities, managing all aspects of the local business, from operations to field marketing to account management. You and your team will be the ambassador of PlayVS in your Region
- Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost school, coach, and player base in a dynamic, highly competitive space
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, product, engineering, data science, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
- Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business
- Represent PlayVS in the community, local media, and in communication with key stakeholders
- Recruit and build a rockstar local team; You will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process while managing a growing team of operations and field marketing associates
- Create a fun, safe, collaborative, and high energy work culture while developing the next generation of leaders at PlayVS
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals
- 4+ years of people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Goal focus with a strong bias toward action
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Excellent organization and time management
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- BA/BS with an impressive academic record
- MBA or advanced degree is a plus