(Closed) Product Manager
PlayVS is building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports. We work with game publishers and high school governing bodies to build and operate sanctioned leagues across the country. Sit at the intersection between business, design, community and technology as you help create the world’s first full-stack sports platform. PlayVS is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and is rapidly expanding.
What you’ll do:
- Be an owner of complex features and products that drive acquisition and growth.
- Help define product vision and strategy to communicate to the entire team.
- Facilitate collaboration and welcome dialogue around strategic and tactical decisions.
- Ask necessary questions and share opinions thoughtfully.
- Relentless prioritization - you understand business implications and how to build consensus on priorities.
- Understand business needs and objectives and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Understand our audience’s pain points, come up with solutions, prototype, iterate, and ship frequently.
- Partner with design, engineering, marketing, and community teams.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- 5+ years of product management in a consumer tech company.
- Experience with building and shipping a web/app product.
- Have an eye for structure, organization, and process that can be applied to any project.
- Display of strategic product thinking and vision.
- Self-motivated to find answers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deep experience with data science and analysis.
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others.
- A passion for sports and/or gaming — the wider the better.
- Experience in the high school sports or esports industry.
- Ability to facilitate lively debates, working with others to create great ideas.
- Experience with user research/testing.
- A strong technical background (CSS, JS, Git, React skills).