Director Of Product Design
The fastest-growing high school sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for sanctioned High School esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and more—and our software products tie everything together into a single, cohesive experience.
PlayVS is home to thousands of High School teams across the U.S. and Canada, and in early 2020, we expanded our platform to support collegiate teams as well. Our mission is to be the premier platform for amateur esports, and we're just getting started. We're expanding rapidly to support new schools, state associations, conferences, and competitions.
The PlayVS Product Design team is dedicated to making esports accessible to everyone, and we're looking for an extraordinary Director of Product Design to lead a growing team of Product Designers and Design Researchers in pursuit of that mission. This role will require you to grow a team of talented designers and then create the conditions for that team to do their best work. You'll set expectations for quality and empower your team to meet those expectations by providing the right guidance and resources.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Build a world class team of product designers and design researchers
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor a high performing team
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define product strategy and roadmaps
- Scale design systems and strategies across multiple products and platforms
- Establish and enforce high standards for product design quality
- Foster a culture of peer feedback between designers and non-designers alike
- Advocate for design thinking at every level of the organization
Here's what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of application design experience across web and mobile platforms
- 6+ years of people leadership and management experience leading product design teams
- Experience scaling and mentoring high performance product design teams
- Abililty to set clear expectations, manage project loads, and ensure goals are met within a team
- Ability to lead with passion and vision to energize a team to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to partner with cross-functional peers to influence product direction and strategy
- Ability to contribute directly to as a product designer when necessary
- Superior writing and communication skills
- A portfolio of work containing UX and UI design system development for applications across multiple platforms