Central Operations Associate
PlayVS is hiring! The fastest-growing High School and Collegiate sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School and Collegiate esports. PlayVS is early in its journey to redefine the future of scholastic esports and we offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
About the role:
This role will tackle key business priorities that amplify the growth of our business and facilitate operational excellence. Using strong operational and analytical experience from past environments, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 20,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you'll do:
- Project manage important strategic priorities in order to optimize our business
- Working closely with other members of the team, measure the impact and efficiency of processes while identifying news way to create value to the business
- Develop frameworks to prioritize strategic opportunities that drive high ROI
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Develop, communicate and operate strategic projects while communicating with senior leadership
- Be a hard-working multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; high-growth operations or startup experience
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Strong Excel / data management skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery