Experienced Gameplay Programmer
Playtonic is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers of all levels, to join our growing team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience of gameplay systems and be able to work on a diverse range of gameplay tasks. They will work alongside design and other disciplines on one or more of Playtonic’s project teams.
As recently announced, Playtonic has acquired investment from a leading technology company, and this will be used to drive expansion for development on multiple internal titles and to grow our recently launched publishing arm, Playtonic Friends. Playtonic retains full creative control over its IP and is looking to scale internal development teams with an emphasis on hiring diverse talents that share our passion for creating the vibrant and uniquely fun games, worlds and iconic characters that we are known for.
- Work closely alongside artists, designers and other disciplines in a collaborative environment.
- Take ownership of the development of game features and see these through to completion.
- Support other engineers and be responsible for the collaborative development of larger software systems.
- Identify and solve software related problems and bugs that arise throughout development.
- Take responsibly of gameplay systems and features such as AI behaviour, Camera control, Player control, Physics, UI and Animation.
- Dedicate time to develop your programming knowledge adopting best practices in areas such as software architecture and language features.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- Has at least one year game development experience in a professional environment.
- Proven history of programming in a C family language.
- Working knowledge of 3D maths.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Have a passion for games across many genres.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration.
INTERESTED IN WORKING AT PLAYTONIC?
Please add the reference HM Exp. Gameplay in the subject of the email and attach a copy of your CV and any portfolio work you wish to share!
If you require any adjustments for interviews, please let us know and we will try and facilitate those needs as best we can.
Playtonic is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all communities. It is also Mental Health aware, with in-house Mental Health First Aiders and sponsored training opportunities.