Playtika is looking for Java Developer to join the Kiev office on a full- time basis.
Playtika — the company of storytellers and coders, artists and data-scientists, explorers and strategists. Since 2010, Playtika has been a pioneer in the social games industry. Playtika doesn’t just build games. It brings them to life. Fueled by over six terabytes of data daily, our games are continuously evolving journeys, personalized to deliver new challenges and surprising thrills, at every twist and every turn.
We were the first to introduce free-to-play casino-style games to social networks. We are successfully applying our intuitive understanding of what players want. That's why we have 30 million players and 17 offices around the world.
INFRA is a department that develops some kind of “core” services that can be used in any company game. There are 21 teams in INFRA that manage nearly 100 microservices including Payment System, Back Office System, Users Segmentation, Coupons service, Tournaments Service, User Service, Bonus Service, Messaging Service, etc. All teams work by adopted SCRUM methodology with local Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
Our technology stack is pretty wide, in our recent projects we mainly used Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix stack (Eureka, Hystrix, Archaius, Zuul), Aerospike, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, MemSQL, Neo4J, Redis and other tools and frameworks that helped us to build fast, reliable, multi-threaded, highly scalable, service-oriented web services.
- Deep knowledge (Java Core, multithreading, Java EE);
- Strong awareness of current web development standards and frameworks (e.g. Spring Framework);
- Experience with messaging systems (JMS, xMQ, Kafka);
- A mastery of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software design best practices;
- Familiarity with agile and XP practices;
- Desire to write tests;
- Experience leading the design, development, delivery, and support of technically complex software products;
- Proficiency at understanding an existing codebase, learning from it, and documenting/explaining when needed;
- English — intermediate+.
Nice to have:
- NoSQL database experience (we use Aerospike, Redis);
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching;
- Experience with Groovy and other dynamic languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Clojure);
- Experience using test-driven development;
- Expertise in building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed services is an advantage.
We offer all our employees:
- Competitive salary, performance-based bonuses and flexible working hours;
- Training programs, certifications, conferences including international events;
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance;
- Paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Corporate English classes;
- Referral program;
- Corporate celebrations, team buildings, and fun activities;
- Free meals twice a day, refreshments, happy hours;
- Technical library with option to order books;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Comfortable office near the ’Osokorki’ metro station with a magnificent view at the whole right bank of the Dnieper;
- Working for one of the top social gaming companies in the world;
- Cool corporate events — some of them definitely unforgettable.