Software Engineer (x/f/m)
30% of the 100 top grossing mobile games have been tested with PlaytestCloud. Help us make it 100%!
PlaytestCloud is the premier user testing provider for mobile games - We help game studios worldwide make the best games they possibly can.
Join our bootstrapped & profitable company and work on a product that is loved by customers such as Ubisoft, ZeptoLab, Wargaming, and hundreds of thousands of gamers.
- Tackle a wide variety of challenges from web development down to reverse engineering.
- Contribute to four major code bases:
- PlaytestCloud.com platform: Ruby on Rails/TypeScript/Angular
- PlaytestCloud App (iOS/Android): Flutter
- Recording Library (Android): Java
- Recording Library (iOS): Objective-C
- Both co-founders are engineers, and we are proud of our development culture. We have well-tested codebases, continuous deployment, and use a wide variety of programming languages and technologies.
- We contribute to open source projects.
- You have experience working on real-world web applications, through university projects or prior job experience
- You find it easy to pick up new languages and frameworks as you go
- Experience with MVC web frameworks (Django, Sails, Rails, ...) is a plus point
- Experience with Mobile Development (Android or iOS) is a plus point
- You have a good grasp on computer science fundamentals such as operating systems
- You are a proficient English speaker (German is not required for the role)
- Join a close-knit team revolutionizing how mobile games are developed and tested
- Flexible work hours
- Minimal amount of meetings
- Budget for German language classes
- Budget for your own professional development (e-learning, conference visits, …)
Hiring during Covid-19: We’ve transitioned to a remote work model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.