PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a strong communicator who understands all areas of game production and the technical challenges associated with them.
You will be reporting to a Senior Producer and will provide technical support, expertise and guidance to the XDEV production teams and their external development partners. You will be expected to develop a deep knowledge of the PlayStation platform technologies. You should be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to audiences with differing levels of technical understanding.
What you'll be doing:
- Technical representative within the department
- Tracking of technical designs and issues across XDEV projects and supporting their resolutions.
- Long term planning and maintenance of XDEV titles and game services in coordination with the project’s Senior Producer
- Drive consensus on technical decisions to satisfy business requirements.
- Provide technical Risk management for XDEV titles
- Support internal and external workflow improvements and production optimizations
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of project management methods and software packages
- Good understanding of general software development practices including Agile
- Good knowledge and understanding of system integration and version control
- Experience working with platform SDKs and technical documentation
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Strong ability to work with various producers, developers and testers across multiple studios and projects.
- Ability to prioritise and work independently
- Analytical skills e.g. Tableau, Looker, SQL
- Scripting skills e.g Powershell, python or similar
- Experience in operating Systems, modern network / internet technologies and cloud platforms
- Must have professional experience as a Technical Producer or Producer in a AAA console videogame production or a comparable software production of similar complexity
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a production / development environment
- Understanding of TRCs / TCRs and their impact on game production
It will be an advantage if you have:
- One or more shipped AAA console videogames as a Technical Producer
- Experience with JIRA or similar software
- University diploma (or equivalent) in software engineering or related discipline
- Familiarity with programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. C++, Go, Python).
- Passion for video games
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.