Staff Software Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Tools and Technology
Worldwide - Remote
How would you like to influence the next generation of the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to develop technology used by every single next generation PlayStation developer?
We are offering a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with state-of-the-art technologies. We will consider candidates with professional experience to a staff Software Engineer or higher level.
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation’s game and platform development. We seek an engineer to develop novel compression and I/O technologies, and to assist in applying these to our game titles. If this is you please apply!
- You will enhance our platform technologies and tools including but not limited to:
- Runtime I/O stack
- General data compression and decompression tooling and runtime components
- Texture compression and decompression technologies
- Streaming systems
- Communicate with highly motivated teams to effectively apply these innovative technologies
- Including the platform team in Tokyo as well as PlayStation Studios game teams and our third-party partners
- Provide performance analysis and optimization of game titles and system software
- A min. of 5 years professional experience working with games, embedded systems or kernel development, including direct experience in one or more of:
- Game streaming systems
- GPU Compute programming
- Filesystem development
- Machine learning
- Strength and a real passion for C and C++ programming
- Prior exposure to CPU and GPU profiling and performance analysis tools
- Excellent ability in testing and debugging complex asynchronous systems
- Great interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- An interest in games and a dream to create something better
- Development on the PlayStation platforms or equivalent experience
- Experience of Unity or Unreal Engine or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of asset pipelines including modeling, texturing and animation
- Japanese language skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.