Sr. Program Manager - Subscription Services
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager - Subscription Services
San Diego or San Francisco, CA
About this position:
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Sr. Program Manager for Subscription Services. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate will partner with the worldwide Sony engineering and product organization, in addition to other cross-functional teams, to lead, handle, and drive product and operational readiness. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple large cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external partners to estimate efforts, define landmarks, execute and deliver with high standards.
- Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks and communicate status to upper management and partners.
- Establish/improve a standard methodology and metrics for the organization with best practices and continuous improvement.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
- 6+ years of Program Management experience driving software development
- Desire to drive process excellence
- Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid understanding of agile principles and release processes and previous experience utilizing
- Shown technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- High proficiency with collaborating, process management and reporting tools
- Experience in multiple large cross-regional, cross-team initiatives
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work with teams with diversity
- Growth mentality, ability to be innovative and adapt quickly
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent executive presence and interpersonal skills across all levels of leadership
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Extraordinary organizational and planning skills
- Ability to recognize, communicate and resolve blockers quickly and effectively
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc…)
- Proven ability to tackle routine and complicated problems effectively and independently
- Previous experience with subscription services
- Japanese language skills helpful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.