Sr. Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SENIOR GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Pixelopus at PlayStation HQ has a great opportunity for a Gameplay Programmer. We seek a specialist to architect, implement and modify gameplay systems and supporting tools. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with next-gen hardware. You will write and optimize code with a heavy focus on usability, maintainability and extensibility. If you enjoy working with content creators to bring their artistic and systemic visions of the game to life please apply!
- Architects and implements gameplay system and pipeline technology based on technical, design and artistic needs, with an eye to robustness and maintainability
- Iterate on systems with designers and artists, incorporating feedback and changes
- Maintains and updates existing game systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance
- Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Documents system implementation details
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements
- Supplies innovative and original ideas
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve game systems, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with C, C++. Experience with Unreal Engine 4. Experience designing and implementing gameplay systems. Ability to use common workplace software like Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Office Suite products. Familiarity with performance analysis software and PlayStation SDK considered beneficial.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to translate artistic and design requirements into technical design, as well as explain relevant technical details to users of implemented technology. Ability to give and receive feedback in a thoughtful and professional manner. Write clear and concise user documentation.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Apply knowledge of game development relevant technical concepts, including, but not limited to, linear algebra, AI and pathfinding systems, streaming, serialization, memory management, character animation.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent; or two years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.