Sr. Game Graphics Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Game Graphics Programmer
San Diego Studio
Are you passionate about bleeding edge technology? Do you enjoy supporting the development efforts of software used by 10’s of millions of passionate technology loyalists around the world? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Do you want a career opportunity that combines both your passion and skills as a software engineer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our San Diego Development Studios team here at Sony Computer Entertainment of America, PlayStation! We seek a Senior Graphics Programmer highly proficient with C++ and graphics to develop and optimize our MLB - The Show product line for the PS4.
- Learn and maintain existing graphics runtime code
- Learn and maintain existing graphics tools
- Build and maintain new graphics runtime code
- Build and maintain new graphics tools
- Research and experiment with new implementation techniques
- Min. 6 years’ programming experience with at least 3 years’ working within the game (or related) industry
- Min. 3 years’ experience in graphics programming
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strength in C/C++
- Strength in 3D Graphics APIs and math
- Experience with modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
- Experience in one/multiple of GNM (PS4), DX11/12/Vulkan (Xbox/PC), NVN (Switch)
- Ability to write efficient/compact code for game consoles with limited resources
- Design and implementation of modular and easily extensible solutions
- Strong communication ability
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.