Sr. Front End Software Engineer, Mobile Team
You will be a key member of our mobile app team, to determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform mobile applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize the mobile experience for our 94M+ PlayStation users!
- Develop a mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum.
- Collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences, connecting PlayStation users via rich, cutting-edge social experiences.
- Develop a production-quality application in a client-side framework such as React Native
- Design and develop reusable cross-platform components.
- Collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
- Build on and integrate externally and internally produced frameworks.
- Represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
- Mentor junior Engineers within the development team
- Be a supportive member of a high performing team, often tackling key roles in a team’s performance process like product ownership or scrum master duties
- Manage your time effectively despite competing priorities, and begin to identify recurring themes and priorities for/with the team
- A real passion for developing fluid user experiences
- Experience developing a complex web-service integrated mobile (Android or iOS) application
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Interest and/or experience in using React and/or React Native
- Familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and Xcode, or Java and Android Studio
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies
- Experience with hybrid native/web applications and WebViews
- Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum)
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- Experience shipping 2-3 consumer facing, mobile/web applications
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with GraphQL
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.