PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build our next generation technologies. Are you ready for an opportunity to collaborate with some experienced engineers and technologies at one of the world’s most recognizable brands? We’re doing really cool things with web technologies like GraphQL, React, and more to keep PlayStation the #1 gaming platform in the world!
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on an aggressive schedule.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including alignment to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Own applications or modules, including defining and delivering evaluation criteria for testability, scalability, and performance.
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues, and dependencies to technical or project lead.
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code.
- Ability to work independently and mentor junior engineers on the team.
- You’ll not only exercise your creative problem-solving capabilities, but collaborate with other teams and engineers to define a path forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You possess 5+ years professional software development experience, especially focusing on front-end.
- Experience with Node.js and REST APIs.
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases in small to large groups.
- A passion for front-end application development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Developing with support for Cross-browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with AngularJS, Objective-C
- Knowledge with libraries such as PIXI, Antd, Open Sea Dragon
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch/Figma and writing plugins for them
- Experience building cloud deployed applications
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.