(Closed) Sr. Esports Manager (Competitive Gaming Content)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. eSports Manager (Competitive Gaming Content)
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the esports business both regionally and globally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Sr. eSports Manager (Competitive Gaming Content) will be a senior member of this initiative, responsible for not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy, but heavily in its execution. This position will touch all aspects of the initiative; however, the focus will be on developing and managing the content creation and curation for an esports/competitive gaming hub or destination. This person will also help to build the overall infrastructure, determining and allocating resource needs, global/ regional, cross-functional partnership and advocacy.
- Development and management of a global content (video and editorial) strategy/plan that leverages current delivery technology.
- Assist in the product design and development of the PlayStation esports/competitive gaming Destination/Hub.
- Management and Execution of the esports platform destination/hub including determining global and regional tech partnerships, content strategy and promotion.
- Global/Regional budget development and management.
- Management of content rights and internal approval process
- Manage eSports relations with internal departments, specifically, working closely with marketing, promotions, corporate communications and publisher relations in order to ensure success of Regional program.
- Determine and manage relevant KPI’s for the region and the content program.
- Identify and facilitate relationships within the esports/ competitive gaming community.
- At least 8+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3+ years of experience in eSports
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with leaders and influencers within the competitive gaming space
- Experience creating business models
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven management/ leadership success
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions on a global scale
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.