Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist interested in pushing the limits of science and technology within our game streaming division. This position will work within our Data Science team and will collaborate to develop AI solutions for our streaming technology. As a member of our team, you will work on computer vision and image processing projects that will go into making video smoother, crisper and with low latency. The position is a fusion of both production and R&D projects that ensures the work is both challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished engineer that is passionate about inventing novel ways to improve video quality.
What do you know?
- Strong knowledge of deep learning with special emphasis on CNNs
- Proven industry experience on digital image processing
- Strong understanding of video quality metrics
- Experience using machine learning frameworks including Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas.
- Good knowledge on general supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Solid understanding of internals of video codecs like h.264, HVEC, etc
- Strong proficiency in one or more object oriented languages such as Python and C/C++
- Nice to have skills
- Experience in low-level graphics programming (i.e. OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Vulkan)
- Experience developing solutions for embedded systems and SoCs, big plus on low latency edge AI on constrained environments.
Who are you?
- You are innovative and fearless when tackling difficult problems
- Talented, curious, passionate and inventive in representative parts
- You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may make you reconsider.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- 5+ years of industry or research experience in (one or multiple areas) Image/Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Data Science
What will you do?
- Develop state of the art AI image improvement techniques
- Analyze system performance, improve efficiency, stability and scalability
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy, and engineering
- Build proof of concepts to test theories and use the findings to develop a video improvement technique
- Keep up with relevant research to apply and apply it to our streaming product
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.