Software QA Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Diego, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in appealing San Diego in an alluring building offering daily cafe, sushi bar, gym, basketball court, car washes and more.
- Plan, write and execute automated and manual tests for applications on the PlayStation console
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage.
- Maintain and enhance existing Python based automation framework
- Report, track and verify defects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Experience designing Test Plan, Test Cases, Execution, Analyzing the result and Report in a very fast paced environment.
- Tried understanding of SW development life cycle to be able to offer the best E2E testing
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating test frameworks
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
- Experience in advanced UI automation for web applications
- Experience writing automated tests in Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Be open to new changes
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.