PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer (Mid to Sr.)
San Francisco, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is developing a core platform that will power the PlayStation 5. The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop our mission critical data activation platform. Come help craft the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
- Design and develop real-time distributed systems to power core experiences across the PlayStation network
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to go-to-market strategy
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems
- Expertise in Java
- Experience working with event streaming platforms (Kafka/Kinesis/SQS)
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product
Your first 90 days:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to small features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs, and started developing.
In 90 days, you will know the platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.