Software Engineer II
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II who will craft and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. You will provide strong technical abilities in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is innovating and crafting the next generation of gaming experiences on PlayStation! You will work alongside partners in engineering, product, design, and research to build great experiences for customers around the world.
PlayStation Network currently has around 100 million monthly active users. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our high leverage team working on building outstanding new experiences!
- Design, implement and maintain RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
- Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with multiple technology stacks
- Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree a plus.
Helpful but not required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Data Processing, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.