PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PlayStation isn’t just the best place to play… it’s also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences. Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation’s studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
If you are talented and proactive, and have initiative, we want to hear from you. Please apply!
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation.
Software Engineer - KL
- Research, identify and resolve complex problems.
- Build monitoring systems to interpret traffic reports and provide analysis.
- Deploying and maintaining container orchestration system.
- Develop and maintain our modern deployment pipeline using multiple server development and hosting tools.
- Set proactive alerting systems to respond to performance issues
- Collaborate with IT ensuring a broad understanding of approaches and solutions.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing as a DevOps Engineer.
- Understanding of server architecture and maintenance.
- Experience with automation / deployment processes using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, etc.
- Experience with container-orchestration system, kubernetes, docker swarm or similar.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services.
- Experience with databases design and query optimizations using MySQL, Redis, etc.
- Background supporting Linux/Unix administration tasks.
- Exposure to monitoring and alerting tools like Prometheus and Graphana.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a nice-to-have.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.