Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test -- Madison, WI
Have a passion for automation? Want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems, who can help ensure we're able to continue to grow our capabilities without negative impact to our passionate user base.
In this role you will collaborate very closely with other QA and Devs on the team to ensure high-quality for our web application and content delivery platform. An SDET is responsible for contributing to the automation and overall quality of critical applications used by our game developing partners. You will be actively engaged with the team in identifying defects of new features and helping to identify their root cause while bringing them to resolution. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in automation development, software testing principles, strong experience testing enterprise web applications with complex business rules, and passionate about delivering high-quality software applications.
What You'll Do
- Set up test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Manage, monitor, and give mentorship to in-house and offshore automation engineers
- Manage, and monitor various Jenkins Jobs and report statuses
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across teams to promote ownership of quality
- Assist with production deployment support and post release
- Report, track and verify defects
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
- Testing – you have studied and practiced a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – you have an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, you also have working knowledge of a modern programming language
- Agile software development – you understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. You are comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- 2 to 5 years of experience working as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Extensive experience in testing enterprise web applications
- Good understanding of modern software engineering including web technologies, continuous integration, and automation development
- Curious about learning new software testing methodology and technologies
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.