Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
- Testing of complex projects across multiple teams.
- Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high-quality automation to increase Test coverage.
- Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high-quality features.
- Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
- Build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, and develop visualization tools.
- Passionate about quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies, and drives their usage within the teams.
- Mentors the team and provides technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and providing feedback.
- Communicates on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications.
- Significant experience with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience with configuring CI pipelines, preferably using Jenkins
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience writing code in Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
- Experience creating testing frameworks
- Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
- Experience with React Native
- Experience developing or testing mobiles devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethics
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for writing robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.