Senior UX Designer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts – Senior UX Designer
San Diego, CA or fully remote
This is a long-term contract with staffing agency DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work to define user workflow and interface for new and existing internal and external software applications and services. This opportunity allows you to play an active role in the feedback and iteration cycle by participating in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
The Senior UX Designer will work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle.
If you are a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a multi-functional team environment.
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Ensure that the design vision is executed accurately during the development process.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to optimally communicate interaction and design ideas and requirements.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of user experience and visual design work.
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces.
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense.
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software.
- Strong writing skills to communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strong visual design skills with prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Experience in building functional prototypes and interactive elements is desired.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.