Senior Sound Designer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Sound Designer
This position can be based in Los Angeles, San Diego, OR San Mateo/Bay Area
A creative and experienced Sound Designer for interactive media who is interested in working with AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica (God of War Franchise), Japan Studios, Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our award winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the industry quality bar. Your primary focus will be on sound design and implementation. Dialog, Foley, and field recording experience a plus.
- Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the title’s narrative
- Implementation and authoring of sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life
- Sound design and mixing of cinematics in multiple formats and specs
- Collaborating with PD Sound leads to deliver cohesive and compelling audio experiences
- 5+ Years experience as Sound Designer for video games
- At least one shipped AAA release
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
- Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spread across multiple styles
- Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content
- Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…)
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.