Senior QA Tester
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: PlayStation Studios QA – Senior Tester | San Diego, CA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the ever-growing global QA team and be part of the PlayStation Studios family!
As a Senior Tester you will be part of QA at PlayStation Studios, working alongside our First and Second-party studio partners to bring high quality products to PlayStation, PC, and other platforms. You will bring your functional testing experience and test process expertise to our test teams and help deliver outstanding QA service to our studios. You will assist in planning and executing functional test strategies. You’ll have the opportunity to help evolve testing processes and help continue to raise the bar of quality for established fan-favorite IPs, as well as brand new unannounced projects.
You’ll also work alongside our title Test Leads to get the best from testing staff, both locally and globally. You will help champion our cultural leadership values to build effective and diverse teams: Communicate, Innovate, Collaborate, Include. This is your chance to make your mark and be involved in promoting the PlayStation values that have helped release some of the most exciting and innovative games out there!
What you’ll be doing:
- Together with the Test Lead, act as a primary point of contact for testing activities on assigned titles, communicating clearly to the test team, developers, and production.
- Help plan, implement, and execute functional testing strategy for assigned titles.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and communication of functional test plans for assigned titles.
- Aid in coordinating testing of local and global test teams, both internally and with external vendors.
- Develop additional knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future QA service offerings.
- Collaborate with peers and wider department teams to promote knowledge sharing and cultivate innovation within QA at PlayStation Studios.
- Support and maintain defect-tracking systems on assigned titles.
- Lead by example when it comes to bug detection, issue investigation, and reporting to help showcase the best from our testing staff.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for videogames!
- Excitement to be a part of a diverse team.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in QA Operations.
- Excellent knowledge of testing processes.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and social skills.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cross cultural business and remote team interaction.
- Knowledge of Development QA process.
- Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge.
- PC Games testing experience, supporting, and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.
- General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.