Senior Network Architect
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
As Senior Network Architect in the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure Network Team, you will be responsible for setting the high-level direction and roadmap for key network initiatives and ensure the successful integration of new technologies, concepts, and capabilities into our Network infrastructure.
You will act as a leader, mentor, and evangelist for the ever-increasing scope and capability of our production network, including owning the interface between the Network Team, other PlayStation and Sony product and development teams, as well as the Internet and ISP industry on emerging products, standards and technologies to deliver innovative and robust networking solutions that will affect the experience of millions of PlayStation users.
To be successful in the role you will need to have a very deep understanding and working history of what it takes to deliver Internet-based services to massive global audiences.
- 10+ years of global network experience
- 5+ years in a network architecture and/or principal engineering role
- Demonstrated experience in cutting-edge network technologies, including network automation, and the context required to make the right decisions based on business requirements.
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end delivery of consumer IP services including ISP, CDN and Cloud networking domains
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication, expectation management, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Up to date hands-on experience in network modelling, simulation and data analysis tools
- Proven experience in external customer and/or industry engagements including public presentations and submissions
- Experience as a global scale (aka Web Scale) Network Engineer
- Strong awareness and engagement in industry and standards groups
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.