Senior Manager, Marketing Data Engineering
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Marketing Data Engineering
Location: San Mateo
This is a phenomenal opportunity to build, lead, and scale SIE”s global Marketing Infrastructure team that sits within the global Marketing Technology org. This position will play a vital role in crafting and evolving the way that we connect with our players across the globe as we prepare to launch PlayStation 5. Our Martech team members have a wide range of skill sets from SQL specialists and audience strategists to attribution modeling wizards
Our ideal candidate will be, passionate about optimizing our marketing data infrastructure and enabling marketing automation, reporting, and activation . In this role you will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communications. Together as gaming and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play!
- Build a strategy and a team of developers to evolve SIE’s marketing data infrastructure to align with and accelerate our marketing strategy for the next generation of gaming
- Partner with product, engineering, and BI orgs within SIE to develop and maintain data pipelines, integrations, and ETL
- Architect, develop, and maintain internal dev data warehouse
- Own the global creation, definition, and maintenance of user attributes used to build segments for audience marketing
- Lead the team that will be acting admins on all marketing technology platforms such as DMP, CDP, and data visualization platforms.
- Build and own SIE’s 1st party ID graph
- Build new, and improve existing, data pipes to enable faster and smarter data assets that will enable new and innovative marketing technologies such as Dynamic Content Optimization
- Build tools to constantly QA and track the integrity of SIE’s marketing data that powers our reporting and dashboarding programs
- Take a consumer-first approach by ensuring that all marketing infrastructure practices respect our customer privacy and are compliant with regulations such as CCPA and GDPR
- Simplify complex business problems and extract insights from large data sets
- Architect and develop analytical solutions that provide insights, not reports
- Proven ability to develop complex SQL queries, scripts, user defined triggers for business logic implementation
- Proficient in normalization/de-normalization techniques for data analysis and optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
- Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, business intelligence/data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
- 10 years of experience working in the marketing technology or related field
- Demonstrated experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
- Experience hiring, building, and scaling a team of developers or analysts at an agency or brand
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Expertise with Apache AIrflow or related workflow management platforms
- Ability to lead your own projects and work independently once given a direction
- Ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Advanced data visualization skills using any technology
- Expertise with business intelligence solutions, such as Tableau, Domo, or Datorama
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering and 10+ years experience in a related field
- A passion for and the belief in the power of making data-driven decisions
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- You are an analytical problem solver who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on sophisticated, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle whatever task is vital
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.