Senior Manager Insight and Analysis, Opportunity Markets
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Opportunity Markets is a Business Operations division. Its role is to support and develop growth markets across Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Turkey, India as well as Russia and the CIS countries.
Working in the OM hub in London, you will have a team of one direct report and be responsible for understanding and communicating trends in hardware, peripherals, service business and software (both PlayStation and competitor products), communicating those trends widely across the business demonstrating depth of thinking and insight.
- Platform performance, providing clear and concise information to colleagues, inc. Exec Team, on sales performance and impact to full year plan on both the physical and digital business.
- Platform Engagement: to interpret monthly active device data and predict the trend in active consoles throughout the console cycle
- Working with the sales planning team to improve forecast accuracy
- Understand the wider macroeconomic conditions that impact on the business and prepare detailed analysis of future market size and potential.
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part of the OM Team and will support efforts to build a data driven decision culture within the business and pro-actively search for improvement opportunities, using data and insight to inform your decision making and to help articulate, priorities and lead hypotheses for improvements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, analyse & supervise KPI’s to identify risks impacting business performance and potential opportunities
- Own the “data driven” agenda within OMBO
- Coordinating a virtual team of analysts across OMBO, aligning processes and ways of working
- Be responsible for the deep dive analysis of priority projects and events, generating and communicating key recommendations to OMBO and senior partners
- Prepare recommendations that the business can action to improve returns
- Develop and present new insights and recommendations as well as evaluating the impact of investment decisions
- Work with key partners to understand business priorities and build strategy & roadmap from conceptualisation and crafting tests to develop performance measures to support business and OMBO goals
- Provide demographic and audience segmentation recommendations
- Proactively look to further improve existing reports whilst looking for opportunities for new reporting
- Combining and visualising data in a variety of tools including Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau, Adobe Workspace and MicroStrategy Visual Insight
- To build an attribution model of consumer interaction with PS services to understand what causes consumers to join, remain, or to leave such services.
- To support the annual budget and Mid-Range Planning processes with modelling of likely outcomes based on various scenarios.
- Develop and maintain a value of a device model.
- Team Leadership: mentor & grow a robust team
What we are looking for:
- Comfortable with “big data” but ambitious of internal teams to evolve better tools and views that simplify and bring the data into clearer focus leading to more insightful and impactful information
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyse the data and understand root cause
- Experience working with data management, data processes and flows in large scale systems
- Proven track record in working collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making
- Prepared to challenge current thinking backed up by available data.
- Relationship Building: build & cultivate strong and effective relationships across OMBO and Global business (Sales, Finance, Marketing, BIS, PSPB & Territory teams)
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience and business knowledge
- Qualification (or experience to degree standard) in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, or other numerate subject
- 5+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role
- Working in a global company with large volumes of consumer data
- Ability to take both a hands-on approach to number crunching but also to achieve through effective delegation and empowerment of the team.
- Interest in Gaming
- Experience using Data Management Platform/Freewheel/MicroStrategy/Power Bi/Domo
- Testing tool knowledge
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.