Senior Manager, Application Development (Consumer Experience)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Application Development (Consumer Experience)
Location: San Mateo, CA
The Development Manager's role is to build and manage a team focused on cloud development and help ensure technical architecture consistency. The successful candidate will have experiences across:
- Agile development practices including test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous improvement
- Automated functional and regression testing
- Customer-focused user experience development
- Technically savvy, can problem solve and make good tradeoffs in unfamiliar problem domains
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many multi-functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the team
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for engineering teams
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities , tradeoffs and risk
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning
- Participating in multi-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Occasionally contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acuity sharp
- Ability to effectively influence and manage initiatives across reporting structures
- Has managed global teams building consumer facing applications
- Proven track record of building and nurturing strong teams
- Thinks critically about mentoring and growth of their team
- Proven track record of delivering complex, sustainable products on time with high quality
- Drives transparency and accountability through development process
- Ability to relate to and manage diverse business partners
- Drive processes that improve the quality and efficiency of software development and releases.
- Empowering the delivery team to self organize
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Lead communications with Product and business teams, partner organizations and other SIE teams working on similar products
- Create release roadmap in coordination with Product Owners
- Communicate development status to all business partners
- Ensure architecture consistency across different platforms
- Experience with Java and APEX, Lightning Aura and APIs technology
- Knowledge of Lightning Aura, APIs and Micro Services
- Strong background in Java development at architecture, design and implementation levels
- Experience in developing and supervising long-standing and high-throughput services
- History of driving build vs buy decisions, and track record of integrating open source and proprietary stack.
- Experience building and running distributed services at scale
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.