Senior Lighting Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Lighting Artist
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
San Diego, CA
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and creative Senior Lighting Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling. Here is your chance to be a part of the multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in premier Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
- Create cinematic and environmental lighting using a variety of cutting edge proprietary game engines.
- Work closely with developers to understand proprietary engine’s workflows.
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor to understand and deliver the developer’s sense of vision for the look of the game title.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game’s design to support communication and allow better discussions.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with the Production group to develop task lists, ensuring assignments are progressing according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- 5+ years’ industry or related experience.
- Experience shipping AAA published titles with current-gen game engines.
- Extensive knowledge of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with traditional, software rendering and game lighting.
- Highly refined understanding of the process of creating photo-realistic lighting including lighting theory and ratios, lenses and post processing for lens effects.
- Strong technical abilities including knowledge of PBR systems.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to understand complex systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya.
- Unreal or Unity experience highly desirable.
- Experience working in a command line environment desirable.
- Knowledge in Python scripting, C++ is a bonus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.