Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning
Job Location: San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Corporate Planning team is looking for a Senior level Financial Analyst superstar.
As an integral member of the Global Corporate Planning team, you will be responsible for PlayStation's financial planning & analysis. Areas of focus include analyzing trends and recommending strategies to management to ensure that we achieve our goals. Business analysis & management reporting are encouraged to be conducted in a timely manner and any business risks should be advanced to PlayStation’s management without delay. Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? If you thrive on playing a key role in a company's FPA's success this role is for you!
- Managing our annual (fiscal budget, mid-range plan), quarterly and monthly forecasting processes.
- Developing thoughtful analysis and delivering key insights that support strategic decision making.
- Working with internal leadership partners as part of the monthly and quarterly reporting process.
- Supporting the strategic business discussions/projects (e.g. – M&A, Mid-range planning, Future Investment Decision) by providing the financial insights.
- Partner with Corporate Planning counterparts in other regions (Europe and Japan) to understand the impact of local performance on the global results.
- Providing mentorship and feedback to other analysts within the team.
- Partnering with the Finance organizations to provide analysis in support of new or existing processes.
- Recommending ways to automate reporting and streamline processes.
- Willingness to assist with a variety of tasks and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and deliver against aggressive timelines
- Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Sophisticated software proficiency: Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of Financial Planning Tools: SAP, Workday Adaptive
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Takes initiative and ownership to ensure successful outcomes
- Basic knowledge/understanding of accounting and financial statements
- Experience of working in M&A environment considered a plus but not crucial
- Japanese language proficiency considered a plus but not crucial
- Strong interest in internet and/or media & entertainment industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.