Senior Environment Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Environment Artist
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
San Diego, CA
Sony PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Bend Studio Guerilla Games, and more! Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
You're a creative and passionate artist who lives for world building and crafting environments that tell a story. You're inspired to achieve only the highest of quality in your work and want to contribute to the artistic vision and development of the industry's most anticipated AAA games.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Environment Artist to work on an unannounced AAA project. Come work with our Art Lead and Studio Art Director to create both in-game and in-game cinematic quality environments and props within a range of styles.
Your ability to build environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph is required.
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments.
- Troubleshoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec.
Requirements And Skills
- 4+ years’ experience in games modeling environments using Maya, or related experience/software.
- High level understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion.
- Good communication skills—able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets.
- Team-player attitude—flexible and encouraged to add new insights, is open to direction and changes.
- Detail oriented—ability to manage and prioritize work, is flexible in times of change.
- Foundation in the traditional arts.
As a part of the PlayStation application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test, in addition to a phone screen.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.