Senior Engine Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Systems Engineer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Systems and Engine Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in the architecture, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of core engine and game systems.
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Optimization of Engine and Game Systems to take full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Participate in development, optimization, and debugging of low-level systems like streaming, serialization, and memory management.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Supervise and mentor junior or mid-level programmers as required.
- Help the Technical Director and Lead Programmer to develop task roadmaps and estimate task schedules.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles.
- S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Excellent understanding of 3D math.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of multi-processor programming, memory management, and optimization of games for memory and performance.
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.