Senior Data Engineering Manager
Senior Data Engineering Manager
London or Remote
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
In Game Analytics, we work with some of the best game studios in the world -- responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We provide end-to-end analytics services for PlayStation Studios and use data to help them make their amazing games even better. We are looking for talented people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation games.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, manage, and develop our high-performing Engineering and DevOps teams within the Game Analytics department
- Work with technical leads to set long-term technical direction as the Game Analytics platform continues to evolve
- Drive a coherent technology roadmap from sometimes ambiguous requirements balancing a focus on long-term ambitious vision with short and medium term customer requirements
- Line management, including one on ones, mentoring, and coaching
- Coordinate across multiple work streams and internal client teams across multiple time zones
- Bring technical experience and insight to the table and help the team navigate difficult trade-offs and pursue the right opportunities
- Create a supportive, nurturing environment for the team with a commitment to individual growth and well-being of the team members
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Several years of large-scale production experience in a leadership or technical management role. Experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience delivering large technical projects in cloud-based environments (preferably AWS)
- Experience in Python, Go, or similar programming languages
- Experience collaborating with engineering leaders, product managers
- Experience with high-level system design, data-pipelines, and machine learning or information-retrieval engineering teams
- Comfortable and effective in cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and collaboration
- Familiarity with modern console games
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.