Senior Data Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Data Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego Studio
Are you an experienced developer with a passion for games? Are you a baseball fan? Would you enjoy supporting the development efforts of games used by passionate loyalists around the world? Does a career opportunity influencing the most successful gaming platform of all time interest you?
We seek a Data Engineer to provide insights and analysis of gameplay and user behavior. Here, you will ensure necessary data is being recorded, validate and maintain a large data pipeline, mine large quantities of data, and build new data infrastructures as needed. You would be tasked to deliver actionable insights used to grow our studio culture. If this is you, please apply!
- Develop highly efficient systems to retrieve, maintain and analyze in game and customer data
- Perform data normalization and management ensuring data security and efficiency
- Perform ETL tasks and maintenance
- Maintain and test data integrity to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Peer review SQL queries for errors and optimization
- Develop new telemetry in collaboration with various business partners
- QA telemetry implementation to ensure data from gameplay is posting accurately along with reporting and fixing bugs
- Collaborate on analysis to extract insights related to gameplay and user behavior
- Define and iterate on development of analytics infrastructure for pre-production and post-production titles
- Implement telemetry and analytics hooks into games in different stages of production
- Min. 5 years’ experience programming large complex data sets
- Good understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Solid grasp of Python programming
- Experience revising and optimizing complex queries with SQL
- Professional level interpersonal and communication skill (email, phone, face to face)
- Ability to turn difficult and complex problems into elegant and efficient solutions
- A multi-functional teammate
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Database management experience
- Programming in C#, C++, or other object-oriented language
- Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience validating data emission from a live product
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- Understand the rules of the sport of baseball
- Passion for video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.