PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Data Strategy & Operations (DSO) team has evolved over recent years in response to an increasing need for the business to leverage data to advise and craft key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are over 120 staff within the DSO team, split between London and California, made up of high-quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, project/programme managers, scrum masters and product management.
As a corporate function, DSO is uniquely positioned to take a broad perspective to find opportunities to provide holistic value to all of SIE, accelerating SIE’s journey to be a more data driven company.
As a Scrum Master within the DSO PMO, you will support up to three teams utilising Scrum & Kanban to varying degrees.
These teams will be comprised of members from both the UK & US and may be technical (working on projects to maintain or improve our newly updated platforms) or business facing (delivering reporting, analysis, insights and other assets across the companies and offices that make up the PlayStation business).
What you’ll be doing:
- You will perform a typical scrum master role including facilitation of ceremonies i.e. daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint reviews, as well as participate in programme planning, reviews and inspect & adapt sessions
- In carrying out your role, you will be a key influencer for the adoption of agile delivery within the team, working with other DSO Scrum Masters and members of the DSO PMO, continually looking to improve ways of working. You will mentor team members on existing, new, or improved way of working and establish proven working relationships with other teams, inside and outside of DSO, to plan for and manage cross team dependencies and risks
DSO is very transatlantic in its nature, with our teams collaborating between London and the US daily, so an element of pragmatism is required when arranging team activities.
This role collaborates with the Head of Agile Delivery who is based in London, UK.
Occasional travel to the US may be required.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working as a scrum master with a consistent track record of delivering high profile, business focused solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and experience with different agile delivery styles & methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate & mentor multi-functional teams of up to 9 members
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with cross-continent teams
- Without needing to be a technical specialist, ability to work comfortably in a technology and data team
- Have an awareness and appreciation of business intelligence principles and its value within an organisation
- Ability to thrive in a multifaceted environment and contribute to ongoing organisational improvements in addition to the ‘day job’
- Ability to engage with senior partners as well as developers
- Ability to multitask and context switch between low level detail and the ‘bigger picture’
- Experience working in a role/environment where flexibility and adaptability as an individual are important
- Courage to speak up and address issues that impair the ability of the team to meet defined goals
- Experience working with teams delivering business intelligence solutions
- Recognised Agile qualification
- Experience of using Jira & Confluence
- Familiarity with industry leading agile principles
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data technologies including Ab Initio, MicroStrategy, Adobe Analytics, etc
- Understanding of AWS fundamentals
- Knowledge of Snowflake Data Warehouse fundamentals
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.