Retail Marketing Specialist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Retail Marketing Specialist (Contract)
Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC (SIEA), the top tier innovator in console, portable and online entertainment experiences for consumers is seeking a Retail Marketing Specialist to develop and execute effective, innovative retail promotional plans.
The Retail Marketing Specialist fills a critical support role within the Retail Marketing Group, crafting, developing and executing revenue-creating joint marketing programs. This role will work closely with Sales and Marketing teams, as well as external retail partners to deliver retail promotional programs and effective marketing activity on time, on message and on budget.
The right person for this role should have high energy, a positive attitude and be able to multi-task, problem solve and communicate extremely well.
- Retail Marketing Planning: Assist in developing strategic retail marketing plans for SIEA products.
- Program Management: Initiate projects, supervise progress, track budget, see through execution and report on results.
- Communication/Presentations: Build sales development materials, pitch ideas, and be able to speak about our products to groups of external partners.
- Events: Execute on partner events, conferences and meetings.
- Asset Creation: Collaborate with creative and product teams to provide the best content to suit our retailer’s needs, including video, images and ad copy.
- Account Management: Nurture positive relationships across various departments of the retailers and always be a good partner to them.
- Financial Accountability: Assist in keeping budgets, work with internal finance, planning, purchasing and accounts payable teams.
- Cheerlead: Evangelize and champion retail marketing’s mission, purpose and needs internally.
- Flexibility: Be willing to tackle tasks as assigned by management, requested by sales teams, requested by marketing teams and requested by retailers.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work across departments and with many partners.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite.
- Resourcefulness to new software programs and constantly evolving processes.
- Knowledge of WRIKE, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat a plus.
- Position located in Mississauga, ON with an estimated 5 - 10% travel required.
- 4-year degree in business, marketing, merchandising or retail related concentration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in consumer electronics, retail channel marketing, sales, project management, brand marketing or similarly related fields.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.