(Closed) Release Engineer (DevOps, CI/CD)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Release Engineer (DevOps, CI/CD)
(Aliso Viejo, Austin/US Remote/Berlin)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a Release Engineer with proven experience in modern software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible, and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
- Development and Implementation of ready-to-use CI/CD pipelines
- Integration of external services into CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Collaborating closely with the Kubernetes Platform Team and the Release Engineering Team on release process and automation.
- Improving Reliability, Performance and Feature Set of the Gitlab Platform based on internal customer needs
- Identifying and diagnosing issues in pipelines of software development teams
- 3-5 years of experience with creating, implementing, and executing Software Development Processes.
- Proven knowledge in working with Gitlab CI or similar Continuous Integration systems.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure
- Experience with Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS)
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-First Thinking
- Experience with GitOps Continuous Deployment model (ArgoCD, FluxCD).
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple timezones
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
- Being a Contributor to Open Source Software is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to build an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.