PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Release Engineer (Aliso Viejo, CA)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
- Design and development of Release Engineering projects and tools to aid the release pipeline.
- Work in cross-functional development teams to build and deploy new software systems.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver quality software within scheduled time constraints.
- Proven knowledge of distributed architectures, OOP and Python.
- BS or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Expert level knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Hands on experience with Ceph or similar distributed file systems and knowledge of object/block-based storage.
- Experience working with Kubernetes.
- Programming standard methodologies including unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, and code documentation.
- Experience with build systems and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) platforms such as GitLab.
- Strong communication skills.
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and playing games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to build an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.