QA Project Lead
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
An exciting opportunity to join a global team as we support PlayStation Studios & their projects.
As a QA Project Lead, you will be responsible for coordinating functionality QA activities on your assigned projects within PlayStation Studios.
You will get to work on ground-breaking hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be the primary point of contact for testing activities on your assigned projects, presenting clearly to the test team, production and global partners
- Plan, implement and execute functional testing strategy for your assigned projects
- You will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and communication of all functional test plans for your assigned projects
- Working alongside the Test Manager & Production to develop and lead the resource plans for your projects. You will also assist the Test Manager in Budget related activities (for example the creation of budgets and communication)
- You will lead testing teams locally as well as coordinating distributed test teams globally
- Contribute towards operational training, development and performance management to assigned Senior Testers and Testers
- Develop knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studio QA service offerings
- Collaborate with your peer group and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studio QA
- You will support project closure activities, such as gathering & collating feedback and data to create and facilitate project post mortems
What we're looking for:
- We are looking for a demonstrable tenure/experience in QA Operations
- Excellent communication, organisational and social skills
- Excellent critical analysis skills
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
- We would love to see your passion for videogames
Nice to have:
- Successfully shipped a major title in a QA Lead capacity
- Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge
- Knowledge of PlayStation Studios QA Operations, processes, systems and workflows
- Adept at front line troubleshooting and support
- PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
- General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
- Software testing Qualifications (such as ISTQB® Foundation level qualification or higher)
- Proficient in Japanese
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.