PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our Project Management team at Insomniac Games is growing and we are looking Project Managers to join us. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for anticipating production challenges and proactively drives solutions that enable project teams to realize ideas without compromising quality or well-being. Often anticipates, forms a plan of action, and achieves buy-in with teammates. Collaborates with teams to achieve project milestones, solve production problems, and maintain studio momentum. May be responsible for coordinating multiple disciplines for their assigned section of the game.
Please note this is a Fixed Term position, expected to last 12-18 months (benefits provided)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists project management team in driving production structure, process, and efficiency in overall game development
- Learning to anticipate and proactively solve problems collaboratively with teams
- Participates in the creation, modification, and maintenance of schedules for assigned content or teams in partnership with assigned Leads. This includes establishing and tracking the status of weekly goals
- Participates in the logging, review, and re-prioritization of tasks and bugs alongside their assigned craft Lead each week
- Maintains a constant awareness of game content status and quality levels through regular play sessions
- Collaborates with project managers in anticipating scheduling overruns through effective analysis and presentation of measurable data. Communicates status to project managers
- Ensures project updates and changes are communicated to the development team
- Assists Senior Project Managers and Project Director in the creation of milestone deliverable documentation
- Expected to learn from and actively strive to adhere to the department's best standards and practices for scheduling, database maintenance
- Demonstrates that they are able to regularly learn from any mistakes as they develop
- Develops collaborative relationships across all peers and departments
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- One year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in a project management, producer, QA, or production related role in game development, film, or art outsourcing management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with work management tracking. JIRA, DevTrack, TFS, or other industry standard preferred
Note: this is a Fixed Term position, expected to last 12-18 months (benefits provided).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.